Weight loss surgery and plastic surgery combined offers a transformation that is most rewarding. Your goal may be to enhance your body proportions to enjoy an hourglass figure. You may wish to better fit into clothes and possibly enhance your intimate life. You may desire to take the image in your mind of your most appealing image and create that reality with the assistance of a gifted surgeon. In the end, the goal will be to have a carefree life. Lets’ check out what the options are for you to achieve the best in your goals.
Weight loss surgery allows for healthy weight loss over the course of a year or more. The procedure may be performed through the open technique (one small incision between 4 to 6 inches) or via a laparoscope (5 to 7 smaller incisions). Recovery may involve a short hospital stay and several weeks to before you feel your best. During this time and thereafter, you will receive counseling to support your weight loss objectives and develop wholesome lifestyle habits for life. You may also be required to take daily dietary supplements.
Reconstructive plastic surgery can treat remaining concerns about your appearance. Typically performed within two years after weight loss, these procedures are performed under general anesthesia so there is no reason to be concerned about discomfort during the procedure. Recovery time may appear to be an issue at the onset, but is not necessarily the case when considering the long lasting results that can reshape your life.
• Abdominoplasty: Also known as Tummy Tuck: This procedure can tighten abdominal muscles that are lax because of excess fat or pregnancy, as well as remove excess fat in the treatment area. The procedure is complete within 3-4 three to four hours and recovery usually 4-6four to six weeks.
• Circumferential Torso Lift, also known as Torsoplasty: This approach focuses on removing abdominal fat and tightening the abdominal muscles for people that who cannot achieve satisfactory results from the tummy tuck. This technique may require 4 four or more hours and recovery may extend for four to six weeks.
• Panniculectomy: This technique involves the removal a fat apron that may extend from the abdomen to the knees. This technique may require 4 four or more hours in the operating room and recovery may extend for three to four weeks.
• Body Lift: The body lift may remove excess saggy skin from the arms, thighs, buttocks, hips, and back. This procedure is often called Circumferential Lipectomy when the waist, buttocks and thighs are involved in the treatment plan. The body lift may be performed in one or two sessions, depending upon the extent of the procedure. Each procedure may require 4 four or more hours’ time and recovery may extend for 4-8four to eight weeks, but the pay off is great with the consequential transformation.
• Breast Surgery: The breast lift may be performed to reposition existing breast tissue. The breast augmentation can augment breasts that appear deflated. Breast surgery procedures usually do not require more than two to three hours’ time and recovery is often a week.
• Liposuction: Permanent removal of excess fat deposits can be achieved through liposuction. The procedure may require up to two hours’ time, but the recovery does not usually inhibit normal daily activities. As well, you’ll be up and about within a couple of days.
• Buttock Lift: This procedure may be performed to lift the buttocks, treat saggy skin and remove excess fat deposits. For a few days recovery time, you can enjoy the benefits of shapely buttocks.
Contact Dr. Abramson today for a private consultation at 201-731-3134!